Wednesday, November 25, 2009

1 month




Whoa its been a month! Ashur is really an awesome baby! The second time around has been so much calmer. Nursing is easier, holding him, changing him, sleep is better. There has been no crying in the middle of the night- by me or baby :) Life is going pretty smooth right now. We have stumbled onto an awesome schedule! I know it may not last forever, but I am loving it while it lasts! This is the schedule since 3 weeks old, I know I'm lucky and counting my blessings!
8am nurse
12 nurse
12-4 nap
4 nurse
8 nurse
9-4 SLEEPING THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!
8am start all over again.

My boys start going every 4 hours between feedings pretty young, so I gently encourage the schedule, but excepting that the middle of the night has no rules. Eli didn't get onto this schedule till he was like 4 months old, and Ashur has been doing it like clockwork every night. Anyways, I love it and am starting to feel semi normal again!

We had our 4week check-up with the midwife and we both and checking out fine. Ashur is up to 10.3 lbs- can't wait to see what he is at 6 weeks, cause I think he is chunking up!

2 comments:

rach said...

Melea! He's so beautiful! I can't believe the it's already been a month. I cannot wait to see him (and you!) at Christmas. Love the family pic, too. What a cute family. Love you guys so much.

Lori said...

Oh, what a sweet little face! I can't wait to meet him. We'll be in town the weekend of the 11th-13th, perhaps there's a time we could get together then. That last family pic is super cute. Eli has such a great smile for the camera!