Wednesday, November 11, 2009

oh no she didn't...the birth photos

For those who requested it, here are pics from the birth. If you don't want to see this or if your offended I would post this, then don't scroll down. These are very raw and not the most flattering to me, but they are what they are. By the way, I tried to avoid as much nudity as I could.
I was probably around 7 cen. here when I had to really start relaxing and getting more serious. At this point my dad put on some nice music from his ipod and they started the bath.
Eric was an amazing coach and support person. He never left my side and helped me through ever contraction. He is the greatest.

I am actually pushing at this point. My back and hips were on fire.

ok, baby is not coming in the water, as planned. After an hour in the water, we moved to the bed.Sorry, this is one of the most vivid of my pictures on here (trust me, there were worse ones I chose not to post :) I WANTED THE BABY OUT!!!

Finally! Our baby boy is born after 1 1/2 hard hours of pushing. I was alittle overwhelmed. I actually remember looking down and seeing him come out and realizing, oh yeah, I am having a baby! I got so caught up in the "work" that I forgot I was actually getting something at the end of it all!Happy daddy got to deliver his baby and cut the cord, 2 things he missed out doing with Elijah.
Eli got to come meet his baby within a couple hours of the birth, he loved him!




















6 comments:

Jenn said...

I love you for posting these! I think you look amazing in the immediately post-birth ones... honestly, just glowing and happy. Congrats again!

Ann Powell said...

Thank you so much for posting these precious pictures. You are such a sweet family!

Anonymous said...

Melea was amazing! She worked so hard for so long and only seemed to have a tough time at the very end when she was so tired. I was so proud of her! Melea said Eric was a fabulous coach and she is right! I don't know when I've ever been more proud of him and the man he has become. Melea I know you did all the work, but Eric truly was amazing in how selfless he showed himself to be. I felt honored for his Dad and I to have been even a litle part of that.

Love all of you, Grandma Linda

Alan and Kiersten said...

dang girl you're AMAZING!!! seriously. you look beautiful! and what a beautiful boy!

Lori said...

Those are priceless pictures for sure. They make me all happy and squishy inside.

Shelly Cunningham said...

Your beautiful birth story and adorable baby have given me baby fever! Now if I could just get my husband on board!