Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What were we thinking???

I don't know what we are thinking, but we are going to move. We have been living downtown Portland for a year now and love it, but with the new baby and a list of problems we are embarking on the adventure of moving in less than a week. Here is the list of reasons and you tell me whether we are making the right choice?
-We live on the 5th floor, thats 64 steps to be exact, 8 flights, with no elevator.
-We have to park our car in a garage that is the equivalent to about 3-4 blocks away
-Our building is about 100 years old and is feeling it.
-I am allergic to something in the building, mold, dust, just plan oldness?
-I wake up with a splitting headache everyday and have had repeat sinus infections.
-There is constant construction in the area, the most recent is a tunnel system nearby that causes little tremor quakes through the building every 5 minutes from 8am-5pm. Old building shaking??? freaks me out!
-Not to mention no dishwasher, no laundry, and no shower! Yep, we have to sit in a bathtub on a step stool and pour a bucket of water over our head to bathe.
I know people deal with worse, but we don't have to. So we are going to do what will make us alot happier and move. Don't get me wrong, we have LOVED our time downtown, but with the new little one, it has made things alittle harder.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I didn't realize you were living downtown. I think everyone should live in a downtown for a short while, it's a unique experience. But not somewhere to stay forever.

Megan Carlson said...

I agree!
Wow! Sounds like you have alot of unnecessary complications. I wouldn't be able to deal with the stairs w/ 2 little ones, and then w/o a shower!? I think moving is a good idea. But you'll still stay in the Portland/Vancouver area right????
Megan

Lori said...

Yeah, that definitely sounds like it'd be hard, especially with a new little one in the picture. It sounds like a great, fun experience to look back on though. Time for somewhere that's a better fit!