Friday, October 16, 2009

no baby yet, folks

Ok, so lets catch you all up. We celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary on Monday, had an ultrasound appointment on Tuesday, and another Midwife visit on Thursday... and still no baby. blah.
Our anniversary was wonderful, our agreement through the years has been that I plan the event for the day and Eric buys me a gift. This has worked out wonderfully (don't tell him, I have the better end of the deal :) Anyways, there were a few years of him planning an evening of dinner and a movie (way to be creative!) and I would get a tad disappointed, so we established the new plan, and it really is fun. I had written him a letter with the events planned out for the evening which he opened the morning of our anniversary. The schedule was as follows:
4:30 Tea and treats at Starbucks
5:00 Check in to Barefoot Sage (a strictly foot massage spa. It is beautiful and serene. They had foot baths, aromatherapy, and 30min calf and foot massages. ahhhhhhhh)
6:15 Dinner reservations at Bombay Cricket Club, Indian food (one of his favorites)
It was a great day with my best friend! I love him so much and can't wait for years and years to come!

Alright the ultrasound. This was ordered after there was alittle confusion about the babies position. The were about 90% sure the baby was head down and after 2 breach birth stories lately from friends- I didn't want to risk that 10% chance. The baby was perfectly head down, with a squishy little wrinkled face. So sweet. Made me so much more excited about meeting him/her any day now!

And finally the midwife appointment (please say that is our last one) Nothing to eventful, she gave me a foot massage and some oils to help bring on labor. We have been meeting in the birth suites, which are beautiful rooms, that make me feel like I am going to a day spa or bed and breakfast instead of the delivery room. I am so much more excited about this birth, I had alot of hard feelings towards Eli's birth. It was hard, chaotic, and very scary. And, it was lonely being so far away, not having family and friends around to come and visit at the hospital. But this time around just feels so much more peaceful- it will still be a hard labor, probably harder than Eli's cause its totally un-medicated, but with so much better support and trust in my bodies ability to do this, I know it is made to go through this pain for a reason. I hope it knows its supposed to start this process soon! Somebody tell the baby to get a move on!



















Our trip to the pumpkin patch this year. Hopefully, this will be the last pictures of my huge belly- the one in the baby book that is titles "taken just days before you came"

3 comments:

Jenn said...

K, that last picture is adorable!
I'm happy the baby is at least in the right position, even if he (or she) is just chilling for now. I'm so excited for your birth, sounds like you have a good attitude about it. I feel the same way- I'm excited about my second birth, whenever it will be, because I know a bit more what to expect and have a lot more faith in my body's ability.

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Hang in there Melea! Loves you! PS: Everytime I see your belly I think you're having a girl...Wish I remembered what you looked like with Eli... I just can't bring it to mind.... We'll see!!! :)

eric and melea said...

Heather, I scrolled back through my blog to see what I looked like with him. I was definitly higher with him. take a look- go back to august 07.