Monday, April 27, 2009

prenatal check up

Well, had a lovely visit with the midwife last Monday. I got to have a physical exam (yay.) She massaged my sinus cavities (ahhhh), made sure my body was in working order, noted I have lots of moles, listened to the babies heartbeat, measured my uterus, made sure my spine was straight, checked my tailbone and said I do a mean kegel.

The tailbone issue was a pretty big concern of mine since it made Eli get stuck inside of me and was broken during his delivery. She was able to make sure it isn't obstructing the birth canal now and is flexible (which is all good) When she measured my uterus she was alittle shocked at the size of it. She said I am good 2-3 weeks larger than we thought. I said, that's strange cause I know when we conceived. Maybe my uterus grows faster or I have a massive baby, or I'm going to deliver sooner, or twins???? Who knows, all I know is that the entire month of October is my new due date!


My morning/all day sickness is still hanging out which is super annoying, nothing sounds good to eat, especially to cook. blah. The only thing that is really satisfying is fruit, I ate a whole watermelon and pineapple on my own last weekend. yummy. I'm still really struggling with sinus headaches and got acupuncture last week to try and help. They aren't as bad as they have been, so maybe it worked. All in all this pregnancy has been alot harder than with Eli, I hope it starts getting better soon!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't believe I've ever had someone comment on my kegel:). Glad to hear everything seems to be on the right track, can't wait to meet your twins;)

eric and melea said...

I had never had someone have me do a kegel while doing an internal exam! I guess it was good to know I'm acually doing it right ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well so far. I hope the eating thing settles down as well. If you do have a large baby, might be better if you could eat more than fruit, not that that's not good for you, but you know.
That pic of Eli, is he doing a John Travolta imitation or what?!
Write me about the pictures I want to order.
Love You Guys
Grandma Linda

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Lol! If you have twins I will have to send you a congrats card, AND a sympathy card. lol. Seriously! I don't really think a BIG baby would be a great thing either though! lol OUCH! Let's just hope it's lots of amniotic fluid! :)