Friday, April 10, 2009

Hello again

Well, its been awhile! I am feeling up to blogging today, so here's alittle pregnancy update. We are at 13 weeks now and I think am starting to feel better.FINALLY. Just like Eli's pregnancy (well, my first pregnancy- you get it!) I was super nauseous from day til night, no throwing up but couldn't eat hardly anything and felt like crap. I think, hope, pray it is passing now. We had alittle scare 2 weeks ago, when I started bleeding. I had never bled like that with Eli, so I was alitte freaked out. My midwife recommend I have an ultrasound, to see what was going on in there. I stopped bleeding right when I went to the ultrasound place and then got to see the little alien inside me kicking and squirming with a strong heartbeat. It was such a relief. I am working on trying to take it easy.
This pregnancy we decided to go a new route of having the baby at a birth center with a midwife. I am so happy about this decision, it has been night and day difference in care that you receive. Each visit is an hour of talking and actually getting to know me and my family (imagine that!) at the end of the visit I get a massage. I will deliver at the birth center that has 4 suites with queen beds and big beautiful birthing tubs. I'm actually excited to give birth this time!
Now about this picture, I realize I am only 13 weeks and I looked like this this with Eli at about 20 weeks. I could say something like, you show sooner with the 2nd baby, or the uterus grows faster, blah blah blah. I just never lost that last 10 lbs. shoot me.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Oh i think you look so cute- i LOVE your belly picture. A new little baby is growing in there! I'm way excited for you melea.
Midwives are the absolute best. I'm sad to leave mine here but I'm sure I can find some great ones up in hippyville seattle :)

rach said...

Melea! Look at you and your cute little baby belly...I can't wait to meet your new little person! I'm also glad (and slightly jealous) that you're getting all those massages.

Anonymous said...

Who cares about those last ten pounds anyway? We are all happy about your beautiful baby belly.

Grandma Linda

Alan and Kiersten said...

oh your cute belly! i love it! that birthing center sounds great! i can't wait to hear how it goes. good for you! the massages alone is reason to go, right? ha ha

Unknown said...

:D how exciting; you look fantastic! and you really do grow faster the second time around. and *thumbs up* on midwivery care...it really is awesome huh?

Darren, Bethy, & Rebekah said...

So I'm jealous...my midwife doesn't give me massages! Maybe I'll deliver in Portland. :) Oh and I'm already completely out of my regular pants...this is not the same as with Bekah!!

Jen Powell said...

You look great Melea!!! Wow, makes me wish I was having a baby in Portland! GEEEZ! A massage!?!? That's awesome! Glad you are feeling better! Hey, write me back on facebook and let me know what you think!