Tuesday, October 21, 2008

so sad

So it is official. Eli is done breastfeeding. :( My last post was almost a month ago, when he started to stop. The next couple days I tricked him into it a few times, but he was just not into it! I got him to nurse on both sides one morning, then one side at night, and the other side the next day. Every time he was pretty frustrated with me. So I let him do his thing, and now over the past few weeks ANYTIME he signed milk or points at my chest I'd offer it to him, he usually just laughed and ran away! I didn't know if this was just a nursing strike or if he really was self weaning. From the info I read, babies don't self wean before 12 months, but more likely between 18-24. What about the in between? He is 14 months, and he for sure weaned himself. no tears...on his end at least! I wasn't so sure about being done with nursing...tear. I looooved breastfeeding and would recommend it to every mama out there! There's nothing better than looking down into that little babies eyes while your providing the best thing for them!
old picture of Eli and I on our way to Japan.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sorry he called it quits on you... you should just have another baby though and then you can nurse all you want!!!

Unknown said...

good for you (three). my nursing career just ended too. the next phase is equally awesome. :)

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

I agree with Lori! lol. I'm sorry you've moved on to the next phase with Eli. If they could only stay little, huh? I am so proud of what a good momma you are, Eli is such a sweet little boy. I know it's hard now, but all new adventures in motherhood lie waiting ahead. Good Luck!! Luv ya!