Friday, May 9, 2008

I was in Japan!

Sorry no posts for awile we just got home from Japan yesterday! We left on the 29th for our big family vacation, everyone came except Eric and Jonathan. The flight over there was non-stop 10 hours, which was not to bad. Eli slept on and off. He and I took a day or so to adjust to the 16 hour time change. We got up around 5am everyday- cause we just couldn't switch over completely. Japan reminded me so much of Korea, except it was alot cleaner there. It was neat to be back in a familar place, and to show my family what it was like for a year of my life. We stayed at a military hotel in Tokyo, which was so nice. I'll post daily what we did while we were there, starting off with day 4. We lost a couple days with travel and jet lag!


Our first big outing was a trip to Asakusa area to see the Senso-ji temple and shopping area. It was pretty busy when we were there because it was their holiday- golden week. The Temple had a long row of shops with all sorts of asian nik-naks and gifts and a huge garden area. It was beautiful.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did this already, what a great blogger you are! I Love this last pic, Eli had no trouble with the language barier I take it?! You can see him smiling while he is playing with that lady, how cute!
Hope you all had a wonderful time, we missed you
Grandma Linda

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Melea. I found this because Jodie Willard's blog links to you. It looks like you guys had a great time.