Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ultrasound 21 wks







Well, we just came from the ultrasound. I told the tech as soon as I layed down, "We don't want to know the sex!" She was alittle shocked by my sureness, but said she would have us look away when the time came. When the time came to look away, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. Even right as we walked out the door Eric said, "Are you sure you don't want to go back and ask?" I think it will be more fun in the delivery room, when the midwife gets to yell out what it is after the long anticipated 9 months.
I will give you these hints towards figuring out what the sex of this baby is:
The heart rate was 150
It didn't take her long to see what it was
This baby is alot more calm than Eli was in the womb, it just layed there and waved at us a few times.
So all in all the ultrasound went well, she didn't really tell us much, hopefully my midwife will go over all the normal stats about the baby next week. They are pretty sure my due date is closer to October 15 than the 24

2 comments:

Lori said...

You're so strong, i'm impressed! That's fun you thought to take pics of it being done. I can't believe you're already so far along, it's fantastic!

Jenn said...

I agree- 12 weeks snuck right up there. I'm so impressed you looked away- though with Daniel we couldn't have missed what he was. He was a bit of an exhibitionist. ;) Can't wait to find out along with you what the gender is!