Friday, August 8, 2008

update on us

So for those of you that didn't hear...Eric got accepted into Green to Gold Program, which will allow him to go back to school and finish his degree for 2 years and then become an officer. We packed up the house a couple days ago and are back here in WA. My mom flew out to help us with the move. It was nice to have her there, cause with as many times as I have moved I have never had to do it with a baby. He was a lot more affected by it than I thought too. He walked around the house whining while everything was moving, then when it was empty he started crying! About half way through the day during all the hustle of packing we realized it was his birthday! No wonder the kid was crying! He better get used to this crazy life. We figured out that we have moved crossed country/world a total of 7 times. Life is a little crazy right now trying to figure all this out, but the 2 years at home together will be worth it.

4 comments:

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Well, I for one am glad your home! :) Good timing Melea! :) Glad you all made it in one piece! After all the excitment dies down give me a call. Autumn goes back to school on the 3rd of September so I will have some open morning/afternoons coming up. Once I hit 13 weeks I am going to start walking each day. I would love a partner! Good luck unpacking and such!!

Lori said...

That's really great news that you get to be home for 2 whole years! We hope to move back to the area when sam graduates, but it all depends on where the jobs are. Either way, you being home now is extra incentive for me to fly home to show off addie and visit family and friends. Good luck with the move.

Alan and Kiersten said...

that is awesome! congrats eric! i bet you're looking forward to sticking in one place for a while. i've decided that you're pretty much my hero...moving that much, having a baby with a husband in the military...you're amazing! i wish we were moving back there but probably never will... :(

Phoenix Fiber Arts said...

Well I think everyone should coordinate a trip down here to show off their babies AT my baby shower!! lol. Is there any more fun then babies at a baby shower? lol. J/K of course. I have no idea when mine will even be at this point. :) But you all know you'll hear about it on my blog!