Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Birth Doula, Labor Doula, Portland Doula


I am a new Birth Doula! I finished my training in April and have been attending births towards my DONA(Doulas of North America) certification. I have to attend 3 births to be fully certified. I have one more mama due next week and I will be officially ready to send in my packet and be a full fledged Doula. I have taken on several moms this summer and fall, but am available for several more. If anyone knows someone who could use the support of a Doula in the birth- let me know! Here is a link to my website:


http://www.wix.com/meleabauer/Birth-Doula

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats, that is SO exciting! A dream of mine- we very nearly did the certification once but other things came up.
I wish you lived near me, I could use a doula for my next birth:)

Unknown said...

Oh thanks Jen!! I have so many friends spread out over the country that are pregnant right now too! I wish I could be there for everyone. And good resource is to call a local Doula Trainer and ask if they know of any doulas in certification stage- they should be free and you'd be helping someone get there cert!

quickjc said...

Your site is beautiful! Congratulations on completing training. You will be an amazing doula.