Friday, May 28, 2010

way,way,way behind Ashur's 6 month update

I actually wrote this a month ago- but didn't have my camara ready to upload some photos! I seem to have some spare time at the moment so alittle catch up... I haven't been as good as posting with Ashur as I was with Eli! Two pretty big reasons for this, I'm sure you understand! First is having 2 kiddos, and second, I posted mostly for Eric while he was deployed. Now we are just relaxing and enjoying life as a family for a change before we gear up for "normal" army life soon. Which will mean Eric gone for long days, maybe some months spent apart and most likely another deployment in our future. Its enevidable people, he's in the Army. We don't have a for sure date or anything, we are just preparing for it. Eric has 12 more years in the military and I'm sure we will see another seperation in that time. I don't know if that is within the next couple years, or in 10 years, but its possible. This is kinda how we live our life, always ready for something new to happen and change our plans completely on us. We have learned to totally and completely trust God in everything that happens. Its kinda this roller coaster we got on and are being taken for a ride. We don't know where its going up, down or spinning out of control! But we chose to get on it, and enjoy the good parts and pray in the hard parts. Its an amazing experience to fully lay your life out there, we are continually learning what life is about and I wouldn't trade my life with anyone.
uh hmm, well... What I had wanted to blog about was Ashur turning 6 months. haha. The little chunker weighed in at 19.6 lbs on April 21st. So by now he's a good 20 lbs I'm sure! He's doing good, rolling, crawling, sitting and going for everything around the room. His crawl in still an inch worm thing, but man can he get around that way! He is awesome, so happy! And to his Daddy's joy has started into the dadadada phase.






Easter Morning. yes, I was more than happy to put them in matching outfits!







3 comments:

Lori said...

Ashur sure is a cute little monkey. I like the pics of the boys in matching outfits. Enjoy your last few months of normal home life. New adventures are fun, but I bet the downtime in between is awfully nice too.

Anonymous said...

The second photo of the two of them is just wonderful. Cherish these moments where they love each other, for some strange reason, it doesn't last forever. Then they grow up and become friends again, huh Eric?
Thanks for the post Melea.

Grandma Linda

still_snarky said...

my gosh melea, they're BEAUTIFUL!