Sunday, February 25, 2007

trip to the ER

Well for the last week and a half I have had the worst headaches! I had been getting them ever since I got pregnant and thought they were just another annoying pregnancy symptom. My mom had said she got them too, but not nearly as bad as mine sounded. I first got a massage thinking that would relieve the tension, then I changed pillows, then I switched sides of the bed with Eric, nothing was working. I was miserable, finally I called my mom and Darlene crying and they both said I should go to get it checked out. I went to the ER at about 8pm, and was seen by the Doctor around 12. She gave me a nice little knock out shot and ordered a CAT scan to check things out. I knew they weren't going to find any brain tumors or anything, but the CAT scan did show them something- every one of my sinus cavities were COMPLETELY CLOGGED! huh, never thought of that! So, lots of benedryl and antibiotics and I'm feeling much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. It sounds like you were really miserable. Your mother and I are entering a "24" rehab together. We have finished season five of "24" and are now experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms. We have both made a commitment to staying “24” free until season six is available for purchase. In the mean time, some of our friends have suggested we try: The Unit, Alias, or CSI. Nothing has really worked so far. I think I will also go to the nearest E.R. and see if there is anything they can suggest that would help with our recovery. Happy blogging! I’m at www.coolchurchworship.com. I love you. Dad